What will you learn
The training program opens with the module An introduction to empty homes work, then moves on to taking you through the important aspects of casework and database management. In module three, we look at the relationship between council tax and empty homes work, before tackling enforcement in module four. The fifth and final module looks at developing a strategy for empty homes work and some of the broader aspects that can be included in the council's approach.
Who is it for
The online training is designed to cover all aspects of empty homes work and to compliment the face-to-face training and workshops that are available to empty homes officers. You don't need a background in empty homes work to take this training, but it is recommended that you have at least some experience before starting the later modules in the program.
Training modules in the series
- An introduction to empty homes work - Available to access
- Empty homes database and casework - Available to access
- Council tax and empty homes - Available to access
- Enforcement and empty homes - Available to access
- Empty homes strategies - Coming soon
I’m interested in this course