Skip to content

There is an empty
home in my

How we can help

We provide advice to anyone who is concerned about an empty home. Unfortunately, when homes are left empty overgrown gardens, maintenance issues and anti-social behaviour can become a problem for neighbours and other community members.

Getting in touch: What happens?

  1. When you get in touch, we’ll ask for some information about you and the empty property. We’ll listen to your problem and aks what you would like to happen.
  2. We might be able to give you information straight away, or we might need to do some research and get back to you. We’ll always try to get back to you within one working day.
  3. Many councils have local, dedicated Empty Homes Officers. Where possible, we will put you in touch with them for local assistance. If there isn’t an Empty Homes Officer in your area, we’ll work with you directly.

We’re happy to look into any issues relating to empty homes, so contact us today by email or telephone

[email protected]                                    0344 515 1941

How we have helped

Advice on Communal Repairs in Blocks with Empty Flats

An owner reported two empty properties in her block of flats to the advice service. Communal repairs were required within the block and she was worried the empty properties would make organising these impossible. The Empty Homes Adviser linked the neighbour with local authority practitioners, who sent information on missing shares and further guidance on communal repairs. The neighbour is now confident that she can get the required work carried out and will then be able to sell her own property. The advice service continues to support the local authority in tracing the hard-to-find owners of the empty properties.