Scottish Empty Homes Awards 2023
Winners of 2023 Awards Announced!
Scottish Empty Homes Partnership has announced the winners of the Finders International 12th Scottish Empty Homes Awards.
The awards are a great opportunity to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of the people behind this progress, as our network continues with its mission to transform empty spaces into thriving places. They recognise and celebrate the outstanding work and achievements of individuals and organisations in the revitalisation of empty homes across Scotland.
Many thanks to all those who submitted nominations and congratulations to our winners!
The winners for this year’s awards are as follows:
Best use of empty homes work to create social/affordable housing: For strong contribution to increasing supply of social/affordable housing.
- Grapes South of Scotland Community Housing
- Holmhead Place Glasgow City Council
- High Street Perth & Kinross Council
Best retrofit of an empty home: For an excellent environmentally friendly improvement to an empty home.
- Jameswood Villa, Argyll & Bute Council
- Niddrie Regeneration, LAR Housing Trust
- Balantrushal Lewis, Western Isles Council
Best use of data to inform empty homes practice: For outstanding examples of using information to get results.
- Matchmake to rent, Aberdeen City Council
- Empty Homes Register, Fife Council
- Data Insights, Homes for Good
Empty Homes rising star: For a new start making a positive impact on empty homes work.
- Michelle Morrison Dundee
- Rachel Whale Scottish Borders
- Karlene Docherty Perth & Kinross
The ceremony took place at the Scottish Empty Homes Conference on 1 March 2023 at The Engine Shed, Stirling.
Now in its twelfth year, the Scottish Empty Homes Partnership and its network of Empty Homes Officers and partners across Scotland have helped to bring more than 7,700 empty homes back into use.